My Mission:

Engaging, Equipping, and connecting children and their families to their most strategic role in completing the Great Commission.

Monday, May 17, 2010

Doors wide open

It was an exciting day. I heard word that a church in Muerrita has invited me to come and speak about the US Center and Global Xpress to assist in my support raising. The pastor and elders just want to meet me in person first. In addition, I still have my up coming speaking opportunity at Packinghouse on June 6th at 6:30 pm.

God is doing what He does best. Opening doors no one else can shut and shutting doors no one else can open. I am all out of stops, all out of ideas and contacts. I am just waiting for Him to bring in that last 55%.

I was just working on a bible study for Global Xpress' June issue. We are starting our focus on David. I was reading through 1 Samuel 16 and the anointing of David. It touched my heart so much that David was the last one called. He didn't come from a palace but from the field with the sheep. He wasn't the oldest or finest choice...but He was God's choice. As the Lord said to Samuel several verses prior:

"The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." (v7)

God saw something in David that no other human eye could see. I hope that whatever God saw in David, He sees in me too. I'm so humbled by what He's called me too, so fully aware that I am the LEAST qualified and equipped to do it. But here I am anyways. Oh Lord, you are so full of mercy and grace. Who is like You?

No comments: